Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What the Future Holds

Chapter Ten: Write your reactions to any of the ideas about the future presented in this chapter.
What the Future Holds: It was amazing to me to discover that my most favorite movies were once stories written by H.G Wells. The War of the Worlds, The Invisible Man, and The Time Machine. “The future has always been the object of speculation, hope and fear. What the future holds, how technology will affect humans, how we will destroy or build ideal societies.” (Sounds Idea, pg. 822). I found that some of these authors that wrote about the future, had a very opened mind. Some of them were not so far off others were really pushing it. I am not interested with the future, I am more interested with the past. Reading the excerpt by H.G Wells, Forecasting the future he states that, “the past is just material for future guessing.” (Wells, 1916). I couldn’t agree more. (Word Count: 134)

No comments:

Post a Comment